Maybe you’re bored and need a new challenge. Or your employer doesn’t really leverage your knowledge and skills. Whatever the reason, we want you to know that LT is different. And not just air quotes “different,” but more like “breathing easy for the first time in a long time” different.
It’s a place where you can write your own story and make a difference along the way. At LT, you’ll have the freedom and flexibility to do what you think needs to be done, and you’ll get to do it while working alongside a team of other curious individuals who love a good challenge too.
We’re currently looking to add an Accounting Associate to this club of ours. Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to take over the day-to-day accounting activities within LT, including service invoicing, bookkeeping, payroll, financial reporting, and improving accounting operations. How do you know if you’re successful in this mission? It’s simple, we’ve set some mission objectives for you to work towards below:
By the end of year 2: Assist in creating holistic accounting system
- Work with Accounting Supervisor to understand corporate KPIs and build systems to capture and report on them
- Work with Accounting Supervisor to automate accounting systems, reducing manual errors
- Work with Accounting Supervisor to influence corporate financial strategy
By the end of year 1: Serve as drop-in replacement for Accounting Supervisor when they are not available
- Perform all accounting related activities without assistance from Accounting Supervisor
- Effectively replace Accounting Supervisor when out of the office with no intervention needed
Ongoing: Communicate financial status in a timely manner
- Complete all monthly and quarterly financial reports within 3 days of end of period
- Explain discrepancies and variations within financial statements to executive team
Ongoing: Professional development
- Continue to refine your craft and grow your skills through ongoing training, personal development and other learning opportunities that help you reach your goals.
What we’re hoping you’ll bring to the role:
- Enough accounting experience to know the ropes, avoid costly errors and leverage finance to a company’s advantage.
- QuickBooks or other digital accounting solutions experience and knowledge.
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Google Sheets.
- Ability to ensure finances are accurate and identify issues through a high level of detail orientedness.
- Strategic thinking skills to look beyond short term solutions and anticipate future needs.
- Solid communications skills so you can share complex data in easily digestible formats, interact with a variety of stakeholders, and influence others when necessary.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver through a history of completing projects to stakeholder satisfaction while meeting time and quality constraints.
- Flexibility to adapt to change and refactor your approach/strategy at times.
- An accounting or related degree is a bonus.
Plus, benefits that actually benefit you.
- Competitive Pay Based on Data. We don’t pull numbers out of our you-know-what like other places. We use real data to make sure what you get paid is equitable and fair.
- “No Vacation Policy” Vacation Policy. If you need time off, you take it. It’s as simple as that.
- Professional Development Led By You. We don’t believe in a one-size-fits-all approach to – well, anything really – but especially not when it comes to your own learning. We’ll work with you to set goals and then help you work toward ‘em.
- Work From Anywhere. ICYMI, most of the work we do happens on computers. Computers that can go anywhere with us. So work from wherever you want. The LT office? Ok. Your home? Awesome. An Airbnb in Hawaii? Aloha.
- Plus, All the Traditional Benefits Too. Healthcare, 401k match, disability and life insurance. We’ve got your back for the long-term.
Sound like a place you could see yourself at? Yeah, us too. Reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org to start chatting with us.